Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chemicals still ok?

1. Back To Top    #1

Chemicals still ok?

Hello all its that time again in northeast Ohio to close and I'm gathering my supplies needed to close my pool. As I was doing inventory I found my algeacide from last year that I never brought in over the winter. Do you guys think it's still ok to use? It was in a cabinet in my non-heated garage, don't know if it froze or not.
    Thanks in advance

IG, steel walled vinyl liner, approx. 18000 gal. swg ( Hayward salt system), gas heated, with 250 lb sand filter and 1.5 horse pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chemicals still ok?

If the algaecide container was simply exposed to some chilly temperatures while in your garage, I would think it should still be okay. On the other hand, if it received a lot of excess heat in the summer, that may have impacted it some. Depending upon the exact brand of algaecide, their web site may have some shelf/service life info related to temperature storage limits that could help validate.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Chemicals still ok?

Thanks, I will take a look.

IG, steel walled vinyl liner, approx. 18000 gal. swg ( Hayward salt system), gas heated, with 250 lb sand filter and 1.5 horse pump.