Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LEAK! 8 inch slit

1. Back To Top    #1

LEAK! 8 inch slit

Mower rode over hose nozzle and flung it into intex ultra frame pool. Put a 8 inch slit near the bottom. I'd already closed it for the winter (keep it up all year) so I didn't have as much water in it but it was still gushing water for what seems like over an hour. Would a patch be able to hold or should I just junk the pool.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LEAK! 8 inch slit

Patch it on both sides and it should be fine

3. Back To Top    #3

What's the best patch to get?

4. Back To Top    #4

'nother question: If I patch it, is it better to patch it like it is or lay it flat? Since I can't really winterize it at this point (hardly any water in it), I was going to try to fold it up and put it in the shed or deck box for the winter. If it's not a good idea to patch it while it's standing, then I'll wait till next summer to patch it and lay it flat.

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

I wouldn't patch it. I'd get rid of it n buy a new one. That's a big gash.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6
    Tallahassee, FL

That is a BIG slash. I have to agree with Casey. If a child where to push off from that area with their feet I would worry about harm to them if/when their foot went through the slash.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!