Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Superflo 342001 quick clean button

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Superflo 342001 quick clean button

Hello all, We just installed a new Pentair VS Superflo 342001 and it's terrific. Wooohoo!! In the manual, it talks about the quick clean button, but not exactly how to use it. So, before I mess anything up, I wanted to confirm that I put my filter to backwash and just press the button?? Then, change to rinse and push the button again?? We have gotten sooooo much rain the past few days, I will use this as a free backwash! Thanks for your help.
    18x36 inground Grecian vinyl approximately 24,000 gallons. Pentair sand filter and 3 hp Emerson pump (here when we bought the house 8 years ago). Poolvergneugen 4x, TF 100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Superflo 342001 quick clean button

My guess is that button changes the RPM to a higher speed, possibly for a set period of time. Congrats on the new pump!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

That's what I thought too. So you think if I set my filter to backwash, it will pump the water without my having to turn the pump off and on?? And the same with the rinse cycle? My pool is getting VERY full with all this rain!
    I feel like I need to build an ark! Thanks!!
    18x36 inground Grecian vinyl approximately 24,000 gallons. Pentair sand filter and 3 hp Emerson pump (here when we bought the house 8 years ago). Poolvergneugen 4x, TF 100.

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't have a sand filter but I believe you are supposed to turn the pump off before switching to backwash or rinse. I think the button is just another speed.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach