Thanks for all the Splashout kids! CYA is between 30-40

iankelly

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Colleyville, TX
Had a bad Pool Guy experience that shot CYA to 50-60 range a month back and was worried if I would ever get it back where I had originally targeted. Well I encouraged my boys to splash and cannon ball and have the best time they could and they did not disappoint! Tested CYA this AM and the dot disappeared right between 30 and 40 - I will do a few more measurements but I am stoked! I have had to do a 5-6 refills of 4-5 inches, total pool volume is about 16-17K.

A factor that does contribute to the large splash out - We have an auto cover and there is a lower lip of tile where the cover enters the pool - this lip is angled at 45 degrees and the water splashes into the cover vault to drain into the yard. We also have an overflow (useless because its at the same level as the cover vault but PB and "the way we always do it..."

Geez, big difference between north and south. In the peak of summer, there's no way I can get away with a CYA of 30-40. No shade, scorching sun, I need a CYA of 60-70 to maintain my FC all day. Glad everything is working out for you though. Enjoy! :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.