pool cleaner, aqua bug not satisified.

I have both an aquabug and a zodiac wahoo. The Wahoo does a good job, but it is fussy to get working. You have to get the suction set up right, or else it either lies there dead, or climbs out of the pool. Once you figure out what setting to run it at, it works fine, it patterns well and seems to not get stuck at all. It does a good job with fine material, but sometimes it ends up just shoving large leaves around, as opposed to sucking them up. If I want my pool really clean, I vacuum it myself.

I went from a Polaris on a booster pump to a Polaris 9400 robot and I wish I had done it years ago. It cleans the floor and the walls, climbs steps, does a great job of righting itself when it flips over, and it picks up the smallest of particulate...even DE. It's really easy to use and clean. My only criticism is that it doesn't pick up large leaves but 5 minutes with a net easily grabs what misses. Price tag is a concern and longevity is yet to be determined but it's going on 3 years now and no problems as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have dave the diver and was getting the same thing. There is a solution, I started to hang the last hose from the vac on the output return valve. So the the hose that goes to dave was straight when not in use. After started doing this, whalla no more side ways. Try it, good luck.

My parents AGP pool we have been using the Polaris that floats on the surface and skims the bottom with a catch bag. It connects to the pool outlet fitting. The skimmer still skims since it not a suction side setup. It has worked well for them for 20 plus years. We are on the second one in that time frame.

I just bought a Aquabug and it worked great. I think the key is to make sure you have enough hose on it. The hose floats making the last section vertical down to the bug. The pool bottom is bumpy (yes, wrong sand. Fixing that this winter) and the seams are not fully glued down. It picked up everything, even large sand grains.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.