Think I added too much de...what to do?

Cpool

Oct 30, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi guys,

Back washed my new 6020 Hayward de filter setup. When adding de, I added the 7.5lbs it said on the filter. After reading post on here I noticed you guys say to add 80% after backwashing. Filter appears to be running fine, but should I backwash it out again and start over? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

As long as you're getting adequate flow from your returns you should be fine.

What is you current clean pressure reading as compared to previous clean pressure readings?

You only add the full manufacturers amount of DE when you do a complete tear down and cleaning of the filter. When you back wash, add about half to 3/4 the amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the return flow is still strong you should be able to get away with it for a little while. When the pressure hits 13 psi I would do a complete tear down of the filter to make sure it had the proper amount of DE. Most filters don't get a full cleaning like they should, at least once a year.

I add 2/3rds of the amount of DE when I backwash mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.