Help me close my pool

Sep 27, 2015
Frankfort, IL
Split by moderator from HERE. jblizzle

If I follow some of these hints and leave my pool uncovered, am I risking any damage to the walls of the pool or the liner? My pool turned green before I could get it closed up and covered, so I'm looking at another approach.

Hello Mom Mel. When you close you pool via the Pool School - Closing (Winterizing) Your Above Ground Pool page, you'll see that a cover is not mandatory. The pool structure itself should be just fine. Most who rely on covers do so because it helps to keep leaves and debris out of the pool making clean-up easier in the spring. Some covers are designed to help keep the water level from rising as well. Regardless, the closing instructions are very reliable for helping pool owners close with clear water, and open in the spring with relatively clear water. If your water is already green with algae, you either need to "SLAM" it via Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain before closing, or you will have to do it in the spring. By waiting you can imagine the chore might be a bit more difficult.

If you have any questions about what to do next, please let us know. Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Have a great day!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.