Recharged My DE. Pressure Drop!

Hello All,

I just recharged my DE. After slamming the pool, it was a good time to clean up the filter. But, first thing is I think I added too much DE powder. The Clorox stuff said to add nine pounds of DE. I think I added about 11-12 pounds. Would that be a problem?

And the second thing is the pressure drop in the filter. Before everything it was about 12 psi now it has dropped to 8 psi. Is there a way to get the pressure up again?

And third thing us after adding the DE, the pool has become cloudy. How long does it take to clear up?

You are thinking about this backward.

Perhaps you got your filter nice and clean and 8 psi is your new clean pressure? Typically too much DE would cause the filter pressure to be higher than normal. And as the filter gets dirtier, the pressure goes up.

If you have good flow, then the pressure reading does not matter ... just backwash when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure.

Adding DE should not make the pool cloudy at all. I have never had any DE get blown into my pool when adding it. If the cloudiness is from the DE, it should all settle to the bottom in a matter of hours. But, if DE is getting into the pool, then something is not right inside your filter or backwash valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.