Who's still swimming?

Still swimming and loving it here in Houston. But there is a noticeable change in the air and in the shadows. I'm wondering how long we have... This is my first year to consider the fall with a pool - totally different. B/p (before pool), I was longing for cold weather. Now I'm hoping for warm Temps to continue.

Today is cloudy and rainy. That won't stop me.

Suz.

No swimming going on here now. The last time I got in as long as I stayed in the water I did pretty good, but trying to get on a float was out of the question because the air was just too cold. The temps here have been running in the mid 70's through the day, and the low to mid 60's at night. By mid week the temps are suppose to drop to the mid to low 50's at night, so since I don't have a heater, swimming season for this year for me here in KY is officially over :(.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool is 86 right now, gotta love the solar system. Sometime in the next month we will begin using the solar cover to stretch the season out until Thanksgiving. After that we usually give up until about April.

Swam today, water is 82 air is 92. It was a tad chilly. With overnight temps in the lower 60s last week the solar panels had a hard time keeping up. Should be a tad warmer overnight this week, but a bigger cold front Friday drops daytime temps to lower 80s on Saturday. So it looks like this week is it for us. Unless we get a nice hot front! :sunny:

AZ... 'nuf said!
The air temp reader is reading 15F higher since it is in direct sun... Water is at a balmy 93 since I had the cover on for most of the day. Cools down pretty well to 89 in the evenings ... once I remove the cover and get the fountains running..

Gs410A4.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.