SWG reading 0

May 24, 2010
This is my first post looking for assistance; I've been using the TFP methods for years but came across something I haven't been able to get clear direction on.

I have a 13,000 gal plaster pool with AquaRite SWG. Replaced the original 7-year old cell in May with Optimum Simple Cell. Went out of town on vacation in early September and came back to a SWG reading of 0. I replaced the flow switch thinking this was the culprit, but still not getting a reading.

When the SWG is switched to Auto, Generating LED is off, Check Salt is solid Red, Inspect Cell is solid Orange. I've checked the cell for scaling, but nothing visible. I purchased new Taylor FAS-DPD and K-1766 kits 2 weeks ago to test the water. Results as of noon today are:

3400 ppm salt
FC = 3.0
TC = 3.0
pH = 7.4
TA = 70
CH = 260
CYA = 45

Current SWG diagnostics indicate:

83 F
31.4 volts
0.00 amps
60P output
-0 instant salinity
AL-0
r 1.40

I attempted to re-calibrate using procedures I've read on other posts, but I cannot get the instant salinity reading to show anything other than 0.

The replacement cell is under warranty for another 2-3 weeks, but I wanted to be sure that there wasn't something else I can do before returning to the supplier.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.