Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG reading 0

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG reading 0

This is my first post looking for assistance; I've been using the TFP methods for years but came across something I haven't been able to get clear direction on.

I have a 13,000 gal plaster pool with AquaRite SWG. Replaced the original 7-year old cell in May with Optimum Simple Cell. Went out of town on vacation in early September and came back to a SWG reading of 0. I replaced the flow switch thinking this was the culprit, but still not getting a reading.

When the SWG is switched to Auto, Generating LED is off, Check Salt is solid Red, Inspect Cell is solid Orange. I've checked the cell for scaling, but nothing visible. I purchased new Taylor FAS-DPD and K-1766 kits 2 weeks ago to test the water. Results as of noon today are:

3400 ppm salt
    FC = 3.0
    TC = 3.0
    pH = 7.4
    TA = 70
    CH = 260
    CYA = 45

Current SWG diagnostics indicate:

83 F
    31.4 volts
    0.00 amps
    60P output
    -0 instant salinity
    AL-0
    r 1.40

I attempted to re-calibrate using procedures I've read on other posts, but I cannot get the instant salinity reading to show anything other than 0.

The replacement cell is under warranty for another 2-3 weeks, but I wanted to be sure that there wasn't something else I can do before returning to the supplier.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    13000 gal IG plaster
    48 SF DE filter
    1.5 HP pump
    SWG
    DFW, TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG reading 0

Move the switch to off. Unplug and reinsert the cell plug. Wait 1 minute. Move the switch to auto. Wait for a click. Scroll to instant salinity and see what happens.