Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG reading 0

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG reading 0

This is my first post looking for assistance; I've been using the TFP methods for years but came across something I haven't been able to get clear direction on.

I have a 13,000 gal plaster pool with AquaRite SWG. Replaced the original 7-year old cell in May with Optimum Simple Cell. Went out of town on vacation in early September and came back to a SWG reading of 0. I replaced the flow switch thinking this was the culprit, but still not getting a reading.

When the SWG is switched to Auto, Generating LED is off, Check Salt is solid Red, Inspect Cell is solid Orange. I've checked the cell for scaling, but nothing visible. I purchased new Taylor FAS-DPD and K-1766 kits 2 weeks ago to test the water. Results as of noon today are:

3400 ppm salt
    FC = 3.0
    TC = 3.0
    pH = 7.4
    TA = 70
    CH = 260
    CYA = 45

Current SWG diagnostics indicate:

83 F
    31.4 volts
    0.00 amps
    60P output
    -0 instant salinity
    r 1.40

I attempted to re-calibrate using procedures I've read on other posts, but I cannot get the instant salinity reading to show anything other than 0.

The replacement cell is under warranty for another 2-3 weeks, but I wanted to be sure that there wasn't something else I can do before returning to the supplier.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    13000 gal IG plaster
    48 SF DE filter
    1.5 HP pump
    DFW, TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG reading 0

Move the switch to off. Unplug and reinsert the cell plug. Wait 1 minute. Move the switch to auto. Wait for a click. Scroll to instant salinity and see what happens.