SWG putting out too much Chlorine

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
I have a Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG. I am having a problem with it putting out to much Chlorine. I adjust it down, and then it compensates for water temp. I tested water this morning and FC was at 10 (it was at 10 last nite). When I turned it on, it was at 48%. I turned it down to 40% after testing. Water temp went up a few degrees after running for awhile, and SWG went back up to 48%. Anyone have one of these units, and can maybe help me out in figuring out the correct setting to keep FC around 5-6.

True JB! I have cut it down from 24 hours a day, to 12 a day. Being a new pool owner, I guess I'm afraid of losing the pool in the first few weeks. I don't have a timer yet, but will get one next year. I will cutting the pump/SWG back to about 8 hours a day until I close it in a week or two. Thank you!

No it will not. Pretty sure that does not have any kind of sensor in it to guess at the FC level.

I think it should only increase output if the water temp goes up and lower it if the water temp goes down.

It can not know how when the timer will turn it off.

I have it at 7-8:30am with Polaris 7-8am and 5-7pm with Polaris 5-6pm. I just have been setting it back some this week. Pool has been filled 1 month with swg and salt added this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.