Do I need to install check valves?

vinnie

Mar 12, 2009
I'm about to redo all my equipment, not sure if I need to install any check valves and if so where I would need them?

Here is what i'll have once everything is in and done:

(2) 1 1/2" suction lines going into Jandy 3 way. 2" pipe from 3 way to Intelliflo VF.

2" pipe from VF to Quad DE 100. 2" from Quad to existing Raypack heater. 2" from Raypack to Jandy 3 way. (2) 1 1/2" returns from 3 way.

Somewhere in there i'll have the Autopilot Digital, haven't really researched yet to see where in line i'm supposed to put that.

Also somewhere in there will have a valve to turn on water supply to slide.

For a fairly standard setup, such as you describe, you shouldn't need any check valves, unless the equipment is well above the pool water level or you have a spa. When the equipment is more than a couple of feet above the pool a check valve on the suction pipe as close to water level as possible can sometimes help the system prime more easily. If you have a spa, you use check valves to prevent the spa from draining back into the pool.

The AutoPilot SWG cell should be last, after the heater, as the water heads back to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.