Help with cloudy water

I passed the OCLT with no loss at all, the water is clear, and CC is zero! WooHoo!
now I am aerating to bring chlorine level down to a safe level to swim. What is that level? It was 20.5 at 6 this morning but I haven't checked it since. I will check it shortly since I'm dying to jump in! It's 93 here for Pete's sake!

Whoo-Hoo!!! Congrats! You want your FC at target or a little higher for your party. As long as it gets below your slam level, you are golden.

Btw, aeration won't lower your FC a ton, but some outgassing of chlorine will occur. Just keep an eye on your pH so it doesn't get too high for Saturday. You will need to recheck your TA at some point because of the aeration, but it can wait until after the party.

Have fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Cross-posting going on here! Yes, aeration can lower FC, but the effect on pH is way more significant. Sounds like you're good, though!

Whoo-Hoo!!! Congrats! You want your FC at target or a little higher for your party. As long as it gets below your slam level, you are golden.

Btw, aeration won't lower your FC a ton, but some outgassing of chlorine will occur. Just keep an eye on your pH so it doesn't get too high for Saturday. You will need to recheck your TA at some point because of the aeration, but it can wait until after the party.

Have fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Cross-posting going on here! Yes, aeration can lower FC, but the effect on pH is way more significant. Sounds like you're good, though!

I stopped the the spa to pool waterfall as soon as I read pooldv's response. I plan to do the whole battery of tests Friday evening to see where I'm at. I checked the pH earlier - 7.5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.