Pentair pool and spa control system comments / suggestions

Foo Fighters

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 6, 2011
Southern Nevada
Hi, I requested a bid from a pool company for a SWG including installed. They gave me the price for that, but also the option for automation, which I now want. Love the idea of using my Iphone to get the spa fired up.

Here are the items listed in the proposal:
Pentair EasyTouch with IC40 system
ScreenLogic bundle
7 hours labor

I asked for more info such as model numbers of the items in the proposal:
Pentair 520593
Pentair 520500

I have not discussed this with the company yet, but I need to control the heater, pump, air blower, one light, and turn on spa.

Any comments and/or suggestions? Thank you

I think you will love the Easy Touch 8 and Screen Logic. You can download the Screen Logic app for free and try it on your apple or android phone/tablet. The app has a demonstration function so that you can see what your screen will look like. The app covers the most used functions, but you will need to use the PC program supplied with the Screen Logic to do more advanced functions such as schedules.

Hoover,

I suggest that you talk with your pool company and let them know what all you want your system to do. There are a number of EasyTouch systems, so the more they know the better they can make sure you get what you want. Some of the things that pop to mind are:

1. The pump is controlled by a serial cable that comes with the pump. Do you have the cable or is the PB going to supply it?
2. Unless you have valve actuators, automation is not so automatic. Are actuators included in the price?
3. The EasyTouch 4, (the one quoted) has 4 relays. One will be used to control the SWG, one for the light, and I (assume) one for the blower, that only leaves you one for anything in the future.
4. As far as the pool light goes, this could be very easy or very hard, depending on access to the current light switch or junction box.
5. Do you have any water features you want to control?

I do not have the Screen Logic, but it will be my next upgrade. Automation is like eating one potato chip, it can't be done. The more you have the more you want. :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.