Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clearwater generator has issues

1. Back To Top    #1

San Juan Capistrano

Clearwater generator has issues

I have a new VS pump which means I no longer need a time clock to determine when my motor starts up. However, I also have a Clearwater chlorine generator that needs a time clock. The problem is I ran my Clearwater after the pump turned off now I am able to super chlorinate only but nothing less then that. Have I damaged the mother board on the system?
    I have a newly rebuilt 20k gal pebble(modified) in ground pool, with an attached spa, in southern California. I have a Clearwater chlorination system and I am anal about the condition of the water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Charleston, SC

Re: Clearwater generator has issues

5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

Re: Clearwater generator has issues

There is not much info on that system as it seems it has been discontinued.

Have you looked inside the cell and on the pc boards for obvious signs of damage?

Are there any errors that get displayed when it is not working?

The flow sensor should have detected no flow and cut power off to the cell, but that isn't 100% guaranteed. After this make sure you sync it with the pump some way.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process