Help wiring an internal switch on a new pump

Jun 30, 2015
Patchogue NY
Hello - this is my first post to this site. I replaced my single speed one and a half horsepower Pentair pump this week. The new pump did not have a power cord or a switch like the original pump had. I was able to wire the power cord with no problem. I could not figure the wiring to put a switch on the body of the pump - diagrams from pump housings are attached (I hope). Any help from the forum members would be appreciated! I am not in a rush - I will add the switch during the winter after the pool is closed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 29
We will need to kow what the supply voltage is to the pump. Since you said the old pump had a cord/plug assembly on it, I will hazard a guess that it is 120 volts. If so, use the schematic for the low volts. Hook the black wire to terminal 1 and the white wire to terminal 6. If you want to put a toggle switch in to shut the pump off/on then install it on the black line.

Thanks for the reply. The pump is running on the 115 v power. The pump is running now with no problems. I couldn't figure out why the toggle switch on the old pump interrupted power to the blue line (which was wired into the coil instead of the board). I will check the rating on the switch from the old pump and interrupt the hot black line with the old switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.