Closing Questions

pjl

Sep 26, 2015
Reisterstown, MD
Let me first say that this is an exceptional resource and I thank all who are responsible. So my situation is that I have a bit of algae at the bottom of my 24k in ground colored plaster pool. I was going to leave it until next season as I drain my pool down below returns here in Maryland and I will not send chlorinated water in to the beautiful forest that surrounds my yard. Had the water tested today and realized it's best to kill the beast now(algae) so I will slam and wait for TC/FC to drop. Once drained I add a winterizer kit and stir then cover. Test results:
CYA: 65
TC/FC: 0.4/0.4
PH: 7.6
TA: 110
Adj. TA: 90 (not sure what adjusted TA means but it's on the list and I thought it may be important)
Tot. Hardness: 204

So my questions are: 1)Do I have to make adjustments to these levels because the pool store is telling me to bring my TA up to at lest 150?
2) Do I use the $30 winterizing kit(shock and algacide) or can I just add bleach and stir when drained? If so how much? To SLAM level?
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.