Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any subsitute for polyquat?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any subsitute for polyquat?

Pool company is supposed to close my pool on Monday. I am only letting them blow the lines and put cover on. I'm doing the rest. I ordered my Kemteck and it isnt here yet. Is there anything else I can use in its place? Only place I know of that I can get chemicals over the weekend is Lowes. The pool store didnt have anything like I need
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Any subsitute for polyquat?

What pool $tore are you near. They really should have many different brands and strengths of polyquat. They might not know it by the generic name though.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Everything is private owned here.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Any subsitute for polyquat?

What you need to find is this long name in the ingredients
    Poly{oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)Ethylene (dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride}
    60%

Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe this will help from previous discussions:
    Wal-Mart. It was the Aqua Chem brand, and I think was called Algaecide Concentrate.
    K-Mart also has the Aqua Chem
    My local Home Depot has it for 17/quart.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Thanks Texas. I was stuck on my phone and I couldn't find the links I was looking for.

7. Back To Top    #7

See this post for many different brands of Polyquat 60, all available at poolgeek.com.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

They are looking for something close to home.

9. Back To Top    #9

Found it a Home Depot!!! Thanks guys!

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Please let us know what you found so we can offer it as a suggestion for others.

11. Back To Top    #11

HDX Algaecide 60 concentrate

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Good deal and the good stuff is listed right on the front. Can't ask for easier to spot!!