Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oops! 😁 Water temp!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Oops! 😁 Water temp!!

Took out ladder, vacuumed, tested CYA, gonna run pump 24 hours, loaded chlorine up to shock level. Then just came on and double checked what I needed to do, and saw the water temp needs to be below 60!! Ugh. The pool is at 70.

We were going to drain tomorrow, put the cover on and put the pump filter away etc.

Not sure what to do now??

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP ~ TF-100 Test Kit
    Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP ~ AquaView 20" Sand Filter ~

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Re: Oops! 😁 Water temp!!

In the end, it's not the end of the world. Just get some polyquat 60 and put it in. Then close as planned. Worse that can happen is you might not be clear in the spring. We can take of that if it happens.

Others might have a different plan, but that's what I would do if it was me.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

At least the ladder is out! Recheck your chlorine SLAM level when you actually do drain down and close.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Northern IL

Personally, I would just wait to close. What did you decide to do?
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.