In Ground Vinyl Liner Pool Removal - My Story

Jun 17, 2010
I was getting advice on a heavy equipment forum about excavators and it turned into a full blown thread about my process for removing my in ground vinyl liner pool. I could not find a lot of information on the process for removing this type of pool and had to do a lot of research and whatnot so I thought it might help someone visiting this forum. I've posted a link to that thread below.

I originally sought to have someone do the removal for me so I got some quotes from demolition companies. They ranged between $6000-7000 to get the back yard from pool to dirt. Those estimates seemed kind-of high so I did a cost analysis and figured I could do it for around $3000. It ended up taking about four months (very wet spring in North Texas) and costing around $2750. This included taking everything out of the ground rather than dumping it into the pool hole and filling it up.

The right size excavator for vinyl liner pool removal.

This link is to a slide show of pictures taken during the process:

Pool Demolition Slideshow by jookydfw | Photobucket

Wow! That must have been a lot of work! What is your vision for your "new" backyard? I hope after all the dreaming, effort, and money it will take to put in our hoped-for pool, we never want to tear it out!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.