Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In Ground Vinyl Liner Pool Removal - My Story

1. Back To Top    #1

In Ground Vinyl Liner Pool Removal - My Story

I was getting advice on a heavy equipment forum about excavators and it turned into a full blown thread about my process for removing my in ground vinyl liner pool. I could not find a lot of information on the process for removing this type of pool and had to do a lot of research and whatnot so I thought it might help someone visiting this forum. I've posted a link to that thread below.

I originally sought to have someone do the removal for me so I got some quotes from demolition companies. They ranged between $6000-7000 to get the back yard from pool to dirt. Those estimates seemed kind-of high so I did a cost analysis and figured I could do it for around $3000. It ended up taking about four months (very wet spring in North Texas) and costing around $2750. This included taking everything out of the ground rather than dumping it into the pool hole and filling it up.

The right size excavator for vinyl liner pool removal.

This link is to a slide show of pictures taken during the process:

Pool Demolition Slideshow by jookydfw | Photobucket
    I got nothing right now

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston tx

Re: In Ground Vinyl Liner Pool Removal - My Story

Welcome! Do you plan on putting in an IG pool where the hole is?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I meant a gunite pool or another vinyl?
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Can't imagine anybody removing a pool. Unless it's too put in a bigger one. Otherwise, it just boggles the mind.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C

4. Back To Top    #4
    Waxahachie, TX (south of Dallas)

Wow! That must have been a lot of work! What is your vision for your "new" backyard? I hope after all the dreaming, effort, and money it will take to put in our hoped-for pool, we never want to tear it out!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!