Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor Shower options

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor Shower options

Hi,

Part way through construction of our pool (Northern Australia, so will swim all year round), and am keen to put an outdoor shower in the pool yard. For me to rinse off after working in the yard, and/or kids after they have been for a swim.

I want it to look nice, we are having exposed aggregate concrete around part of the pool where the shower would be sited, and black aluminium fencing. I was either thinking of running copper pipe up a fence post and having a shower head on it - but would probably need to install another post to secure the pipe above fence height.

The other option would be something like this for $230 delivered http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Outdo...-/231358861659

Option 3 is one like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Outdoor-S...-/301737599517 that i can get locally for $100. Just not sure how it would look sitting on top of concrete, and whether the timber would age.

Advice welcomed

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor Shower options

Hello! Not sure about your DIY capabilities, but if you had to buy one, each of the two choices has their own pros and cons. The solar heating feature may be nice for the black shower, although I don't particular care for its design. Some may like the simple, sleek look though, and of course the fact that it can heat water for a short period. It looks like it also requires the base to be mounted which may or may not be an issue for you. Personally, I like the 3rd choice. The wooden materials seem to look very nice and it can be moved wherever you need it. It's cheaper which is always a bonus, and if you're aren't too concerned about heated water, then that's not an issue either. I also found a couple more options for you to check out:
    Solar-heated Outdoor Shower - Overstock Shopping - Great Deals on Shower Kits
    DIY Project: How to Make an Outdoor Shower - Bob Vila
    Outdoor Beach and Pool Showers - Made of High Quality Stainless Steel

Maybe all of this will help. Good luck!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Not scared of any DIY projects, built most of the house myself!

Just trying to make it integrated and not stand out.

Appreciate the links

4. Back To Top    #4

The wife has been bugging me ... oops ... "encouraging me" to install one as well. I might have to go down that road next season. Lots of ideas out there. Have a nice weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

This is the outdoor shower I want to install. So fun! http://custompalmtrees.com/images/Showerpalm.jpg
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

6. Back To Top    #6

That is a nice one. Like showering in Hawaii.

7. Back To Top    #7

Unrelated, but... related:

$(KGrHqR,!nQF!K(nh8KfBQStlFCLRg~~60_35.JPG
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

8. Back To Top    #8