Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward OmniLogic vs Pentair EasyTouch?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Harrison, NY

Hayward OmniLogic vs Pentair EasyTouch?

I'm sure there are happy users of each, but was wondering if there were some clear cut differences between the two systems. My naive take is that Omnilogic is newer and buggier, but with great long-term potential. The Pentair ET has been around longer and has fewer current issues, but maybe lacks the potential of the OmniLogic?

I'm not in a big hurry as we closed the pool today, but I want to plan for Spring! Other things on the "to add" to the pool pad include: a variable speed pump (controller dependent), a heat pump (less controller dependent), SWG or Stenner (remain undecided).

Jay--Metro NYC
    35K gal, in-ground, free-form, pebble finish, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, autofill. No spa, no features. Partial shade.
    Pentair C&C cartridge filter (400 sq in), Pentair VS pump, Pentair 140 btu heat pump, Triton Plus Robo-cleaner; Stenner with 55 gal bleach cistern. TFT 100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Charleston, SC

Re: Hayward OmniLogic vs Pentair EasyTouch?

5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Go for the EasyTouch. You won't be disappointed.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

4. Back To Top    #4

Los Angeles, CA

Ideally you would want to hear from someone who has used both. I have not. I can tell you the Omnilogic appears to have great potential and hopefully Hayward recognizes it needs work. I think Hayward needs to put more effort in their literature. I also think the app needs alot of work to be more intuitive and less buggy. I'm not sure who is designing their app, but they need an app person to design it not a pool person.
    -Shotcrete Pool. Pebble Sheen. Tile by Dal Tile CW27 Winter Blues. Pool dimensions 45x19 24,360 gallons. Spa dimensions 7x7 825 gallons. -Hayward Equipment: OmniLogic, Main filter pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Spa pump Ecostar SP3400VSP, Filter 700sq ft Cartridge Filter HCF7030C, T-Cell 15 SWG, GVA 24 valve actuators, Universal ColorLogic 12v LED lights, H500FDN Natural Gas 500,000 BTU heater, TF100 test kit.