Buckling wall on new AGP.

Re: Pool wall buckling????? Installer says it's normal????

We just installed the same type of pool and are having the same problem, what was the solution? How did they fix it?

If you're pool wall is bulging you have a high spot and need to shave the area down. That means taking the pool down and starting over.

Re: Pool wall buckling????? Installer says it's normal????

So does that mean the liner will be junk? We live in northern michigan and are running out of time to be able to fill this pool. It gets down to the high 40's at night. So if we have to take it down and start over in the spring do we have to get a new liner?
The dealer we bought it from did not install it but he came by and OK'ed every step that was done and he helped with the liner however now that it is buckling he pretty much said tough luck not my problem.

I agree pics would help. It is not uncommon to have a very slight impression where the wall seam comes together. It depends on the method the manufacturer uses to bring the two wall seams together. Most pools have a wall seam that overlaps for a few inches. The overlap of the wall seam along with the screw and nuts that tie the wall together causes a slight inconsistency in the density all the wall in the area where it overlaps. As a result the wall is much more rigid in that area of the wall, so the water pressure has less of effect pushing against the wall. On most pools this impression is barely noticeable. It sounds like you have something more noticeable.
If the pool has to be redone. It is very, very difficult to reinstall the liner in the same exact position it was when it was originally installed. Getting all of the skimmer holes to match as well as the return hole to match. Liners are vinyl and depending on weather conditions will shrink and expand. Not to mention all of the sand that is sticking on to the liner after it is removed. That sand will find its way on the pool wall if the liner in is not totally clean.

I agree, high spot causes this. I would wait until spring and replace the liner. The freeze and thaw will help you get it level. I put patio blocks around the entire perimeter, tamping down sifted mix of soil first

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.