Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Paramount & SWCG

1. Back To Top    #1

Paramount & SWCG

I spent a little time, effort, and money to get the Paramount floor cleaning system working. I removed and cleaned all the pop-ups and replaced the 6-port valve. Here is my dilemma:

• In order to get enough pressure to properly cycle through zones, I need to manually turn off the return to the spa and avoid the spillway;
    • If I turn off the spillway, I don't get any water flow (chlorine) into the Spa;
    • The SWCG does not operate during the Spa cleaning cycle

So, in essence, when using the in-floor cleaning system, the spa does not get chlorinated. Any thoughts? Am I missing anything?

- Flappy
    16,500 gallon IG Pool & Spa: Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Triton II TR-100 sand filter, Teledyne Laars Lite2 propane heater
    Laminar Jets (2): Hayward Maxflow SP1600 1/2HP, Hayward Star Clear C500 cartridge filter
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, Hayward AquaRite AQR15, Dolphin Supreme M5, Taylor K-2006, Taylor K-1766

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair & SWCG

Do you mean Paramount infloor cleaner?

Most people run the cleaning cycle for 1-2 hours (or however long it takes) and then switch to the standard returns and spillway at a lower speed for efficiency while the SWG makes the chlorine.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair & SWCG

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    Do you mean Paramount infloor cleaner?
    That is exactly what I meant, thanks! Thread title corrected...
    16,500 gallon IG Pool & Spa: Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Triton II TR-100 sand filter, Teledyne Laars Lite2 propane heater
    Laminar Jets (2): Hayward Maxflow SP1600 1/2HP, Hayward Star Clear C500 cartridge filter
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, Hayward AquaRite AQR15, Dolphin Supreme M5, Taylor K-2006, Taylor K-1766