Signed contract last night, deposit paid!

Matt I am so grateful you are here to help him with this!

I just turn my pump on and off at the pump LOL

Kim

Kim,

Someday you're going to start to your own build thread and all the folks you've helped over the years are going to come out of the woodwork to help you build your dream pool ;)
I know I can't wait to see the kimkats Build Thread......of course, you'd better budget a lot of $$$ for it because we're going to spare no expense :)

Hugs to you!
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kim,

Someday you're going to start to your own build thread and all the folks you've helped over the years are going to come out of the woodwork to help you build your dream pool ;)
I know I can't wait to see the kimkats Build Thread......of course, you'd better budget a lot of $$$ for it because we're going to spare no expense :)

Hugs to you!
Matt

That is absolutely one of the sweetest and true-est posts I've ever read!!!! My eyes welled up.... Matt, you've just won my heart.

And Kim, this was so funny to read today, because this morning I was thinking about you and how you SHOULD have your dream pool. But then I thought, maybe you already have it. I'm glad Matt brought it up.

But Matt is right! You know what they say about pay back...... We're gonna spend your money come rain or come shine, like nobody's business, like you've never seen before, like history-making!!!!!! Need I go on? I don't think so. Just be ready, girlfriend!!!! :party:

Suz.

LOL I can see it now...............$$ here, $$ there, Everywhere $$. I will have something from every pool I "helped" spend money on!

Here is my pool now. Note the deck around 3/4th of it and the pool house on the right. I have always looked at it and thought there would not no where to put an inground pool BUT now looking at it I do see where there WOULD be room!

vetteacrosspond-2.JPG

So if we took down the deck around the pool but leave the decking around the pool house we could build wide, graceful steps down to the pool area.

hummmmmmmmmm looks like I need to start saving some money for y'all to help me spend!

Kim (Tim is going to be SO mad at y'all for even getting this thought in my head! LOL)

I think this conversation needs to move to a "kimkats inground pool design and mock-up" thread. Well get some Google Earth images of the property and start doing some preliminary drafts.

Oh, and don't think small, we can always knock out some walls in the house and do a half indoor / half outdoor pool with a retractable swim out enclosure.....hmmmmm....now where to put the full-sized replica of Michelangelo's statue "David" as a water feature....

Matt, I agree. Kim needs her own thread! About time, right?! I just posted on another thread where Kim mentioned the water was getting too cold to swim. She needs a spa and heater to help with that!

Azjoshers: My apologies for getting off track. I'm stopping now.....
Suz.

Matt, I agree. Kim needs her own thread! About time, right?! I just posted on another thread where Kim mentioned the water was getting too cold to swim. She needs a spa and heater to help with that!

Azjoshers: My apologies for getting off track. I'm stopping now.....
Suz.

its ok! I like reading all the comments. I have been bouncing all over the board in this thread. There are so my things to consider, so many options to choose. I have owned a pool in the past but have never built one. I learned a lot from taking care of my old pool. A lot of what I learned is influencing the decisions that I am making now. We are hoping to break ground in the next couple weeks. i will probably start a new topic when we break ground. That way it will be easy for everyone to follow.

Azjosers THANKS! We do tend to wander all over the place on some threads LOL It is like a big, wonderful family!

It is up to you if you start a new thread but many people just keep it all under their original thread. It is kind of nice to have it all in one place.

Kim (starting a new savings account for my pool. It is going to take a while but it will worth it!"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Back to my pool! Lol. Permit application submitted. Met with contractor yesterday regarding all of our non pool work. Concrete and patio. Meeting with my Project manager tomorrow. Will post pics of my yard before the start of work soon! Getting excited but stressed. Still so many decisions.....

Back to my pool! Lol. Permit application submitted. Met with contractor yesterday regarding all of our non pool work. Concrete and patio. Meeting with my Project manager tomorrow. Will post pics of my yard before the start of work soon! Getting excited but stressed. Still so many decisions.....

Well hang on for the ride!!!! There are many, many more decisions to come along!!!!! But it is worth it, I promise!
Suz.

Yes we are adding a new grass area to the left of the pool. Even though grass is a pain in AZ, I Can't take away my doggies grass!

Yeah, when we moved into our home I ripped out the grass patch and irrigation lines and put in high quality turf. Looks great, stays green, easy to clean and, best of all, uses NO water. Then again, I don't have dogs so no issue there.

Yeah, when we moved into our home I ripped out the grass patch and irrigation lines and put in high quality turf. Looks great, stays green, easy to clean and, best of all, uses NO water. Then again, I don't have dogs so no issue there.

I thought about putting in some nice artificial grass. however, it gets so dang hot in the summer. Too hot for dogs and kids to use. it really does look nice though and im with you on the no water....

I thought about putting in some nice artificial grass. however, it gets so dang hot in the summer. Too hot for dogs and kids to use. it really does look nice though and im with you on the no water....

It can look really beautiful -

Ours gets enough shade so there's always a cool patch. However, you don't want dogs around or you have to teach them not to use it for bathroom purposes. It can resist animal excrement but if the underlying fill material (usually decomposed granite) gets saturated with urine, it's hard to get rid of the smell.

I love our turf. Typically costs about $6-$8 per sq. ft. to install and the good stuff will last for 8-10years. So, like most conveniences, you pay a lot up front for it. But it requires no water so, in the desert, that's huge!!

So glad you mentioned the smell. I have a doggie n was considering turf. Yet vry sensitive to smells. Tnx so much for your post.

18000 gal 9ft, salt cell, ig, dk blue plaster, cartridge filter, attached spa, build finished September 1 2015, pentair filter n kreepy. will get more info tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.