Signed contract last night, deposit paid!

Matt, succulents are a great idea because they don't need to be planted too deep and are super low maintenance.

If you really don't want plants, some wall art might be nice.

Yup, succulents and cacti = low maintenance. We have some beautiful purple lantana around the pool but it is a nightmare to keep it trimmed and clean. I have plans to rip it all out and replant with succulents in the spring. Wife's not too happy about losing the color-pop but I'm the one who has landscape management duty so it's my call.

Yes, wall art is awesome. Right down the street from me is a local Tucson guy that does wrought iron work. He does mostly fences and security screen doors but he also does wrought iron wall decorations. He's amazing and I love to look at his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I have a retention wall and equipment wall built across behind my pool, just stucco and then painted to match the house. Seemed to just pull everything together.

7136bddde84b4c82fb3bbea22a57aa4e.jpg

Enjoying morning coffee by the pool.... We are so close to completion.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really love your coffee spot! Mine is just a few short months away. I'm a little overwhelmed with my stone options. I would love to see a close up of your raised beam/wall and what you used as the cap. It's very pretty! Can you tell me what the stone is? Thank you!

Really love your coffee spot! Mine is just a few short months away. I'm a little overwhelmed with my stone options. I would love to see a close up of your raised beam/wall and what you used as the cap. It's very pretty! Can you tell me what the stone is? Thank you!

Thank you. The raised bond beam is capped with travertine. The stone on the face is natural stone, it's called bark, they carry it at NPT. I will post a close up picture tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Look at you being a real life "pool boy" LOL LOVE IT!

Please know there are videos to show you how to do each test.

I have some tips for some of them:

-PH-bright light-I do mine over my stove as I have a very bright light in my hood. I hold a white plate behind the PH tube and pull it back and forth until I can see the color match.

-CH-the color will "flash" when you first add a drop BUT do not stop until it STAYS changed.

-CYA-very hard but will find your best way-sun to back, tube held at waist high, add a little water, look down THEN look away! Do the look down and way a couple of times if you THINK you can still see the dot. If you stare you will see the dot LOL. You can put the test water back in the mix bottle and do it over and over again to practice.

Make sure to ask any questions or concerns you have. We have all been the first timer so...........we understand!

Kim

Look at you being a real life "pool boy" LOL LOVE IT!

Please know there are videos to show you how to do each test.

I have some tips for some of them:

-PH-bright light-I do mine over my stove as I have a very bright light in my hood. I hold a white plate behind the PH tube and pull it back and forth until I can see the color match.

-CH-the color will "flash" when you first add a drop BUT do not stop until it STAYS changed.

-CYA-very hard but will find your best way-sun to back, tube held at waist high, add a little water, look down THEN look away! Do the look down and way a couple of times if you THINK you can still see the dot. If you stare you will see the dot LOL. You can put the test water back in the mix bottle and do it over and over again to practice.

Make sure to ask any questions or concerns you have. We have all been the first timer so...........we understand!

Kim

Thanks for the tips Kim. This is not my first pool, my previous house had a pool. However, I only used a basic test kit. I took care of the pool for 7 years, it only gave me problems one summer, year 4. We got a lot of rain and let chlorine drop and I had a algae bloom. After shocking the **** out of it the algae came back, come to find out, cya was off the charts. So I drained 1/2 the pool and everything was back on track.

This however is my first salt pool, also since this pool is new I want to make sure the water is perfect all the time. Thinking about waiting till spring to fire up the swg. Everything I have been reading says they do not work well when the water drops below 60???? I still have about 15 days to decide. Any thoughts??

Using chlorine with a swg makes calcium deposits in your swg. It will need to be cleaned once a month. Still water needs stabilizer. I heat my pool to 62 if I need more chlorine. Btw I'm a new pool owner so not a pro.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Using chlorine with a swg makes calcium deposits in your swg. It will need to be cleaned once a month. Still water needs stabilizer. I heat my pool to 62 if I need more chlorine. Btw I'm a new pool owner so not a pro.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

With all due respect Lou, this is fundamentally not true. Liquid chlorine does not cause increased or excessive scaling in an SWG pool. I use LC all throughout the year for various reasons and my SWG has no scale in it at all and I rarely have to clean it more than once per year.

What causes scaling in an SWG is water balance (high pH, TA and CH). If you are experiencing excessive scale in your SWG than that points to improper water balance. Chlorine use has nothing to do with it.

I haven't fired up my swg. Have to wait at least 30 days for interior pebble to cure before adding salt.

You may want to wait on adding salt until the spring and manually chlorinate until then. Your pool water is going to be too cold to be able to properly adjust your SWG. My SWG rarely runs these days because of the cold water cutoff. There's no need to add salt now and it may just be more of hassle. Most SWGs don't operate when the water temp drops below 58F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

The pool will not use much chlorine during the winter so I suggest to not use the SWG. Most SWG's don't work below 60 degrees anyways.

My pool was finished about the same time as yours and I used dichlor for the chlorine source until the CYA was raised to 30ppm. After that I used bleach until the water warmed up enough for the SWG to operate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.