Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
The wife thinks my pool chemistry-toy habits are in need of an intervention....but I just HAD to have it -

I told her I bought it because I love her and only want the very best pool for her and the kids to swim in....apparently she would prefer I save up and buy her the sparkly tennis bracelet instead :scratch:

PS - To all my fellow testing nerds, two things - (1) it dispenses slightly more powder than two scoops from the blue spoon so it uses powder reagent a little quicker, and (2) it only fits powder bottles that are supplied by Taylor (like the one in the photo). Unfortunately it will not work with the standard bottle found in the TF-100's.

You have to test it for your specific testing regime. Some can get away with one big scoop, others do it with two. It is important to know this - the test works correctly when the indicator dye is over saturated relative to the chlorine. The test will be off if you don't get all of the chlorine bound to the DPD indicator.

I have lots of powder and I test all the time so I'm not stingy with reagent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is that an ancient washing machine in the background there? :D

It's actually a high efficiency low water use Maytag BravoXL (no agitator). Works much better than the piece of junk LG front loader that came with the house, uses less water and can wash my California king size comforter with ease. I will never buy a front loading washing machine as the MTBF rates of the rotary shafts are abysmal compared to top loaders. I have owned this machine for three (3) so far and it has never needed anything on it serviced.

But I'm not tooting my horn or anything ;)

It's actually a high efficiency low water use Maytag BravoXL (no agitator). Works much better than the piece of junk LG front loader that came with the house, uses less water and can wash my California king size comforter with ease. I will never buy a front loading washing machine as the MTBF rates of the rotary shafts are abysmal compared to top loaders. I have owned this machine for three (3) so far and it has never needed anything on it serviced.

But I'm not tooting my horn or anything ;)

THAT is my dream washing machine! Oh to be able to wash the dog and cat beds in ONE cycle! Oh and our comforter with ease! LOL

Matt I bet Mom LOVES it for all of the boy's jeans and such!

Kim

THAT is my dream washing machine! Oh to be able to wash the dog and cat beds in ONE cycle! Oh and our comforter with ease! LOL

Matt I bet Mom LOVES it for all of the boy's jeans and such!

Kim

Two adults + three boys = Bravo runs daily from Mon-Sat :( And they are not even teenagers yet!!!

LOL...looked kinda old with that gold finish and a ton of buttons and such. I have a Maytag Neptune front loader. Gosh, it must be going on 14-15 years old along with its cousin gas dryer. I like Maytag but we had issues with a refrigerator that we bought right along with the washer/dryer so thumbs up on the W&D, thumbs down on the R. :D

LOL...looked kinda old with that gold finish and a ton of buttons and such. I have a Maytag Neptune front loader. Gosh, it must be going on 14-15 years old along with its cousin gas dryer. I like Maytag but we had issues with a refrigerator that we bought right along with the washer/dryer so thumbs up on the W&D, thumbs down on the R. :D

Yeah, I can see how it looked old school. As you see from the thread, my family and washing needs are quite high so front loaders just can't do the job for me. Plus I was happy to get rid of the LG electric dryer and buy the gas fired dryer along with the top load washer. Gas is much cheaper for me.

Good to know about the fridge!! We're probably looking at a new fridge purchase in the next couple years so I'll keep the Maytag experience in the back of my mind. Of course, if had my dreams come true, it would be a Viking or Sub-Zero fridge built in to match the cabinets....somehow dropping $15k-$20k on a fridge seems wrong to me.....

I thought it was an old stereo amplifier at first glance. My wife is so annoyed by my love for chemistry. I've had to make so many apologies over the years for all of the equipment in my brewing lab. She wasn't even phased when I bought "this new awesome pool test kit" that I just had to have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.