Triton TR60

Jul 5, 2015
Abilene, TX
Hello. I bought a new Pentair Triton TR60 for my pool. I've plumbed it and all is well, no leaks, pump primes, pump well stays full, flow is good. I have a nagging feeling that I didn't lift up the diffuser when I put the lid on it. I assume the diffuser can de rotated because I read somewhere it could. I can't get the lid off to check. Has anyone had this problem too? Any tricks for removing a stuck lid? Also, pressure reads 8-10 psi while priming, but then drops to zero when filtering under none prime conditions. Any thoughts?

Do you still have the wrench that goes on the top to remove it? If not, you may have to use a strap wrench large enough to go around the top.

What are your pump RPM settings at prime and during normal operation? I'm assuming you have a variable speed pump that's running at lower RPMs during normal operation.

Try pouring warm to hot water over the lid and tank then cool just the lid with an ice cube. I do something similar all the time with threaded metal pipes and a torch doubt it will work on PVC or what ever the lid is made of but worth a try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.