Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Triton TR60

1. Back To Top    #1

Triton TR60

Hello. I bought a new Pentair Triton TR60 for my pool. I've plumbed it and all is well, no leaks, pump primes, pump well stays full, flow is good. I have a nagging feeling that I didn't lift up the diffuser when I put the lid on it. I assume the diffuser can de rotated because I read somewhere it could. I can't get the lid off to check. Has anyone had this problem too? Any tricks for removing a stuck lid? Also, pressure reads 8-10 psi while priming, but then drops to zero when filtering under none prime conditions. Any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Triton TR60

Do you still have the wrench that goes on the top to remove it? If not, you may have to use a strap wrench large enough to go around the top.

What are your pump RPM settings at prime and during normal operation? I'm assuming you have a variable speed pump that's running at lower RPMs during normal operation.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

You need the plastic wrench that comes with the filter. You should contact the place where you purchased the filter and have them get you one. Or, find it online.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the plastic wrench. The lid won't budge.

- - - Updated - - -

3050 at prime. Runs at 2350 while I'm trying to clear pool of green.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Try pouring warm to hot water over the lid and tank then cool just the lid with an ice cube. I do something similar all the time with threaded metal pipes and a torch doubt it will work on PVC or what ever the lid is made of but worth a try.

6. Back To Top    #6

Try opening the air relief and wait for the pressure to equalize. If necessary, you can use a short length of pvc pipe to extend the handles on the lid wrench.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'll try both. Thanks!