Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

I actually was told by my PB to wait to order it until after the gunite was poured so we could get an exact measurement. The order was phoned in on April 23. They actually told me to write on my calendar 3 weeks from that very day (and they gave me the date) that the tile would ship. And he said that date was at the outside. The day it was supposed to ship, I called to check on it. i was told they hadn't started making it yet and that it would ship the following week. So, the following week arrives and I called the day it was supposed to ship and it was just then being manufactured. I was then told it would ship in 2 days (on Friday)
. I called the following Monday because i never received any tracking on Friday. It still had not shipped but was assured it was shipping that day. I then received tracking numbers later that afternoon. My order shipped about 2 1/2 weeks later than I was told.
!

I didn't realize that they cut the tile quantity estimate so close.

On our gunite shell, where the three hydrostatic valves would eventually go, there were just empty holes until plaster. Since our water table is well below the pool, any rainwater just drained out off them. So I'd say it's a good sign that the water table in your area is low if it is in fact draining out of these same places.

Thanks for the nice update!

Hi all! I'm here with an update. Finally things are happening with more to follow.

I finally had a chance to unpack the LS tile on Monday afternoon, lay it out and inspect it. Of 40 sq ft, 10 sheets have at least 1 tile that has a chipped corner. Disappointing. I pretty nervous about it being installed. Really hoping I didn't make a hugely expensive mistake.

Tuesday bright and early in the AM, PB met with us to do the deck layout and answer some questions. It was a very good meeting. We expanded the deck 5' behind the pool, giving us some nice, usable sitting space. We moved the placement of the future kitchen to the side of the house, further opening deck seating. The gas for the firepit was placed too far to the middle of the deck (I tried to tell the plumbers). This is the first time the PB saw it and agreed with me that it needed to be moved. I also reminded him we are doing the 36" firepit, not 24".
He mentioned a tile guy coming out removing the waterline tile, and installing our tile. No dates for this as of yet.

This morning, the decorative concrete guy came out to see our house and the job site. He has been doing decorative concrete for 20yrs and prides himself on having an eye for what will go with the surrounding materials. Hubby and I followed him to a pool about a mile away. Their deck was exactly what I wanted. It was beautiful. Now even hubby is excited!

Once hubby and I came home, we discussed the pergola and decided to leave it where the kitchen was originally going to be placed so that we have a covered (sorta) seating area, and we will add an additional pergola to the kitchen area when we do phase 2. I'm sure my PB is ready for me to quit adding and changing :)

Tomorrow they are supposed to start the process for deck form and steel with it being completed on Friday. I'm going to try to get the termite company out here to trench the foundation on Saturday. Inspection will be Monday. Deck pour is scheduled for Wednesday.
Rain is in the forecast for Sunday through Tuesday.... Some time after the deck pour, the gutter people should be here to do their thing.

In in the meantime, I'm still working like crazy!

Pictures of the pool we visited and close ups of the deck. It has a nice gritty slip resistant finish.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gorgeous! Is that Steel Blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's Peacock. Steel Blue didn't go with as well.

Peacock Blue? That's really nice looking tile! I know it'll look fabulous in your pool!

- - - Updated - - -

When will it be installed???

Marla, I'm not sure yet. I'm hoping next week after the deck pour. I'm concerned it might be when I'm at work :( He asked about a Friday. I told him I work Friday's and since the last tile job was so bad and I wasn't here, I wasn't comfortable with it being done while I'm gone. He asked me to trust him, said it would be done right. I'm just worried. And a bit (a lot) controlling, if the true be told.

No, I just separated those sections into one box and makes it as "use last". This way, it's probably the overage and will not affect anything.
I didn't bother calling LS. I didn't figure I would get anywhere.

Does your PB KNOW how much they cost AND how long it took to get them there??? If they get messed up..................how will he make it right? I would ask him that.

Nice move on making the deck bigger! TWO pergolas?? NICE job and I bet you will love having two...........more setting and shade for everyone.

Kim:cat:

Disappointing to hear that about LS. We looked at them as an option, but in the end found an off the shelf solution that worked for us. All of their marketing comes off as very high end oriented. Not sure how they are filling that niche with the lack of communication and issues you have had with them. Seems like that's a good way to run a business like that into the ground.

Regardless, glad you have them now and can move forward!

plat.

Does your PB KNOW how much they cost AND how long it took to get them there??? If they get messed up..................how will he make it right? I would ask him that.

Nice move on making the deck bigger! TWO pergolas?? NICE job and I bet you will love having two...........more setting and shade for everyone.

Kim:cat:

Good point... I did tell him how concerned I am about the installation. He assured me it would be done right.

Disappointing to hear that about LS. We looked at them as an option, but in the end found an off the shelf solution that worked for us. All of their marketing comes off as very high end oriented. Not sure how they are filling that niche with the lack of communication and issues you have had with them. Seems like that's a good way to run a business like that into the ground.

Regardless, glad you have them now and can move forward!

plat.

You found a GREAT tile, plat! It's stunning! Assuming the install goes well, I just hoping the tile holds up to the test of time.

Here's my between-overtime-shifts update:

The promised work never happened last week. The yard was dry, it was bright and sunny with no rain, and I was told DAILY that they would be here. When they did not show, I was told they would be here the next day. This was every day from Wed through Sat. On Sat night when I got off work, I sat in the parking garage in my car and composed a text to the PB letting him know how angry and frustrated we are over the delays, lack of work, and empty promises. I couldn't call him, I'd just cry.
I didn't send it immediately. I drove home. Showed it to my husband, cried, and edited it to just state that we are very frustrated. I also explained that we are almost 4 months without termite protection since the baits have been pulled out and we need to get the termite company out but can't until they are ready to pour the deck. I got an immediate and very good response back. He explained the "log jam" with deck scheduling and that they would be "on it". Of course, it rained on Sunday. However, Monday morning they were here, in the rain, thunder and lightening, with the bobcats to finish removing the patio and steps from the backdoor. All I could think while they worked with their jackhammer plugged into the outlet and riding back and forth on the open top little bobcat was that these crazy fools were going to get struck by lightning and I would have to run out there in the mud and do CPR! They left around noon because, although the rain had stopped, it was too muddy to grade the yard and the bobcat was just making things worse. The gravel truck showed up just as they were leaving. It, too, left. No one else came. There has been no more rain since yesterday morning.

I texted him again after 9:30 this morning (it's bright and sunny today) to see if anyone was coming. Nope. "Letting it dry out" today. They are supposed to to forms and gravel tomorrow, inspection Thursday, pour on Friday. I asked about doing the tile and was told Thursday.

We'll see... Forecast is for rain again tomorrow and Thursday....

Ugh, how frustrating!!!! :mad: You have the patience of a saint.

Hubby and I have had a good balance going. When I am at the end of mine, he calms me down. When he is at the end of his, I do the same for him. We are both very tired of the lack of work. This is week 13 since digging and there is still quite a lot to do. However, we can't MAKE them show up, so we just have to wait it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.