Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Hi all!
Sorry to be absent, been either sick or working.

We finally got our redraw/rebid from PB#1 today. We like it. It's what I drew for the PB :)
it's a bit beyond our budget. So, we are going to have to do some of this in stages.
If I can figure out how to post them from my photobucket, maybe you can see them :)

How do I upload from photobucket? I went to the links, have tried to copy and paste them into the URL but it keeps saying invalid file.....

If you are doing a reply, in the tool bar at the top you will see a little picture icon. When you tap it will open a window. The tab at the top of the window gives you a choice of selecting a file from your computer or a url. Select url then paste the url (you should have copied from the photobucket direct choice) and tap upload. You can look at your post before committing it by going to advanced, or just do quick reply and hope for the best.

If you are doing a reply, in the tool bar at the top you will see a little picture icon. When you tap it will open a window. The tab at the top of the window gives you a choice of selecting a file from your computer or a url. Select url then paste the url (you should have copied from the photobucket direct choice) and tap upload. You can look at your post before committing it by going to advanced, or just do quick reply and hope for the best.

Hi Chief!
which link is it that works? It gives me a choice of HTML, For IM or email, Embed, or Slideshow
i tried each one, and each time I get an error msg saying wrong file type...

- - -

- - - Updated - - -

http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/nursenini1/library/

Last edited:
Hi Chief!
which link is it that works? It gives me a choice of HTML, For IM or email, Embed, or Slideshow
i tried each one, and each time I get an error msg saying wrong file type...

- - -

- - - Updated - - -

http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/nursenini1/library/

Open the photo so it is big on your screen. Then to the right there will be a box that has the title IMG next to it. Copy the entire text in that box and paste it here.

It should start with [ I M G] (without the spaces)

image_zpstwvu00lf.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsubtor10w.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsfbplt4vy.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

It worked! Thanks for the help gentlemen!

Wow this is going to be beautiful! I love it! Reminds me of mine ;) the one thing I did different was to do the spa with all tile including the top, I really like the way it looks, it gives the illusion of it being a "infinity" spa minus the budget, hehe ... How wide is your sun-shelf? Do you want chairs there? How deep is it? Sorry if you already talked about it somewhere, I'm getting here late for the party :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, we have decided we will stub in the gas and water for the kitchen but the actual kitchen and pergola will not be built this year. That takes 15k off the price and down to the new budget amount my husband has set- it keeps changing :grrrr:

I'm definitely going to have to stay within the base price for all elements to be able to keep the fire/water bowls and the fire pit. These are not easily added after the fact- at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

The dimensions of the pool are still very close to what is in my siggy. 17'6" x 30'. The tanning shelf will have 3 bubblers, not 2, the fire pit (wood/charcoal burning with gas starter) will be bigger than it appears with interior dimension being 36" diameter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Helen give you permission for those steps?

I asked......
What's that old saying about it being easier to ask forgiveness....:joker:

- - - Updated - - -

nini I love it!!!!!!!!!!! That is so pretty! I like the idea of doing it in stages. For right now you could get a "cheap" shade tent until you have the funds for the real thing.

Kim

Thanks Kim! We will have at least 4 umbrella sleeves placed for shade and I still have an almost new Weber kettle grill we will utilize until we can do the kitchen and pergola.

- - - Updated - - -

Denise, great design! I don't see any water features. Or are they part of the fire bowls?

The spa has 3 spillovers, but I may change that to more of a waterfall effect. The firebowls will hopefully have water as well. Those suckers are expensive but I REALLY REALLY want them.... Our design doesn't show the water aspect, only the fire. I think he forgot that I wanted both.

- - - Updated - - -

How big is the spa? If I remember right you were talking about 7x7. That looks bigger.

You are right, Chief, 7x7. I don't think he scaled this drawing very well...

Wow this is going to be beautiful! I love it! Reminds me of mine ;) the one thing I did different was to do the spa with all tile including the top, I really like the way it looks, it gives the illusion of it being a "infinity" spa minus the budget, hehe ... How wide is your sun-shelf? Do you want chairs there? How deep is it? Sorry if you already talked about it somewhere, I'm getting here late for the party :)

Indigo, you are not late! Nothing has started here yet. So far, I'm all talk and pictures ;)

I don't have exact specifics on the tanning ledge. I believe it is 6x6 but could be 6x5. Haven't decided depth yet. I think I do want chairs there, though. I found some really nice ones made from recycled plastic jugs that are just beautiful and will last until I am very old. Of course, they are a little on the pricey side....

I will have to revisit your thread to take a look at your spa. I'm trying to figure out how we should do it. Hubby is against stacked stone. I love stacked stone....

Denise this is a beautiful design!! We're having technical difficulties with our Internet and even 4G has been spotty lately, so I couldn't get some of my posts or pm's to go through last night. Maybe this time in the morning the 4G will work better.

The designer also forgot to show the benches and jets in the spa, right? I'm like you - I think I might do something different from the 3 spill overs. Also, like you, I love stacked stone. But..... on this design, I agree with hubby. It's such an elegant and clean design. It's calling for something different. IndigoBlue's spa would be so lovely on your pool. Yours would have to be configured like hers - set lower. Another option would be to combine your design with hers. Keep the spa raised as it is in your design but drop the spa wall on the pool side by however many inches so the water spills over the top of that side. The water would flow down into the pool by clinging to the spa wall. Very sleek but I don't think there would be any waterfall sound. So if you want that sound, wouldn't it work if the top along that side could hang out over that wall like a pool coping edge - about one and a half inches or so? While sitting in the spa, you would have the look of an infinity edge. And when in the pool looking at the spa you would see the water falling off the top ledge into the pool creating the waterfall sound. I'm not sure if you're wanting the sound or not. I hope this makes sense. Lol!! The top ledge or spillway could have glass tile catching the sun hitting the water as it flows over the tile - gorgeous. That works with either spillway - flush with the wall or extending out over/from the wall a couple of inches.

Helen's steps are perfect for your pool!!! Absolutely perfect. After having my sun shelf for a while, I'm wondering if you might want to reconsider going to three bubblers. I changed from three to two, and I'm glad. They are loud and visually quite busy when on. Also, mine stick up a little when off - maybe it's the make of the ones I have - about a half inch when off (they wouldn't be comfortable to sit on. Would three be too crowded when sitting on the shelf?

At some time you asked for suggestions where to put glass tile (I think you asked). My favorite places for glass tile are on the flat surfaces like the pool and/or spa benches, sun shelf, and steps. It's lovely on walls but really shows off on the flats. On my next pool, I would tile first the spa spillway and spa benches then do the flat surfaces in the pool area doing whatever my budget allows. For me, I would skip glass tile on the walls or waterline anywhere. That's just me and what I learned I like after building my pool.

Let me know what's unclear, and I'll try to explain better.

This is definitely a 'WOW' and 'Ahhh' design!

Suz.

Suz, kim, you girls are great, heheh
So here is my experience with the spa and sun shelf, and believe me I obsessed over it for months before it was built as you all have also, so... My spa is 12" and my PB did not want to do the glass tile on top nor do the spillway all along the front wall, he said I would not get the "sound", it's not done that way, blah blah blah, I just said "that's how I want it" so that's what we did, much to my very happy surprise in the end at the big moment when we turned the pump on for the first time, as I was holding my breath, when the water started or roll over the wall it not only looked beautiful it also made a sweet soft sound of falling water, not like a waterfall but more like a forest creek sound and I love it. My spa is 7x8 measured from the inside so that front opening is 8' wide. I'm not a big fan of the split spillway. There is another option I'll post a picture of it as it was an inspiration picture for me. I have black glass tile and I'm very happy with it, even the waterline, it just makes it look like the water is going under the deck as you can really see it. The other thing I wanted to point out about the sun shelf is that if you want to put two chairs there make sure you make it big enough (mine is 8.5'x10.5') think about the size of a queen size bed for example, so two people can lay side by side on their separate chairs. I went as far as mapping out the outline of the sun shelf on the floor with the exact measurements, going online and taking all the chair dimensions and tracing them out with blue tape on the inside just to make sure I was happy with the size of the sun shelf. Don't forget any one chair will be at least 2'wide or more so if you have a couple side by side I'd try to leave enough room on each side for walking around them, and if you want your body to touch the water when you are on them, also check how tall your chair is compared with your water level, I'm sure you've already looking into that. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

67f58be2201366d457f5b280f3a0bec3.jpg

Here's that inspiration picture above
f3e5fb2126ccba28b037a5cb7a3e3b29.jpg

Here's the one with the spa water, but I must point out this is with the pump on a higher speed, at a lower speed the water just rolls down softly so you don't get the sound of water.

So, we have decided we will stub in the gas and water for the kitchen but the actual kitchen and pergola will not be built this year. That takes 15k off the price and down to the new budget amount my husband has set- it keeps changing :grrrr:

I'm definitely going to have to stay within the base price for all elements to be able to keep the fire/water bowls and the fire pit. These are not easily added after the fact- at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Looks great! One word of caution -- gas connections can be very pricy -- we were stuck upgrading our whole system to the tune of $5.5k...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.