Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to buy cartridges

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to buy cartridges

Does anyone have suggestions for the most economical place to purchase cartridges? I have a Pentair Clean and Clear RP. The old cartridge has two replacement part numbers. 173200 or R178671

Thanks.

Ann
    alexteek
    16x32' 13K, IG Tan Fiberglass, 1HP Superflo Pentair pump, Pentair 150 sq. ft. Cartridge, Polaris 360, Built November, 2014

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to buy cartridges

Amazon...I bought some from In the Swim which was the vendor that they shipped from.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

3. Back To Top    #3

Same here - Amazon. Even though my equipment is Hayward, it was some 50% cheaper than any local stores.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Google is your friend...search search search!

For example, my filter uses two cartridges: a large outer one and a smaller inner. I bought the large one from a different place than the small one!

Do your due diligence and you'll save some $$$s.
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks all - I had googled and gone on Amazon. I can't find that cartridge. Those are the numbers that are on the top of the cartridge and are labeled as "Replacement Part #s"

I will keep looking.

Ann
    alexteek
    16x32' 13K, IG Tan Fiberglass, 1HP Superflo Pentair pump, Pentair 150 sq. ft. Cartridge, Polaris 360, Built November, 2014