Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should the anti Florida camel stay

1. Back To Top    #1

Should the anti Florida camel stay

They added the top rock today, the rock originally looked like the United States, liked it allot on the ground, however after they added it to the top to act as a safety rail, it began to look like an upside Florida. Out there just now and with a few well placed pieces of dirt, bite the only thing I can see if a camel. My wife wants the head taking off due to the fact it really draws attention away from everything. I agree, but I kind of like the anti Florida camel, which now that it has a name makes it even better. Should it stay or should it be beheaded, let me know.IMG_20150924_182632912.jpgIMG_20150924_183523063.jpg
    55,000 gallon freeform L-shape 40x50ft, 3'8-10', 150' perimeter, gunite, pebbletec (tbd), sand filter, 2hp Ecostar variable speed pump, 400k gas heater, Aquacomfort heat/chill pump, 8 jet spa with 2hp blower, limestone grotto waterfall, 20 ft BYOS slide with arch and water fall, grand effects wall torches and fire bowls, 1m diving platform with 14ft board, gold line salt system, full automation, stamp, stained and salted concrete

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Should the anti Florida camel stay

It could be a dinosaur or better yet a dragon. Think you could pipe in some gas so he can breathe fire! It does make for a good Conversation piece. But seriously I don't think I would want his to stay either. And least not permanently.

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe have them cut it off, then I can bore a hole in either piece, and when we want to bring out the Camel, we just put a little rod and reconnect them.
    55,000 gallon freeform L-shape 40x50ft, 3'8-10', 150' perimeter, gunite, pebbletec (tbd), sand filter, 2hp Ecostar variable speed pump, 400k gas heater, Aquacomfort heat/chill pump, 8 jet spa with 2hp blower, limestone grotto waterfall, 20 ft BYOS slide with arch and water fall, grand effects wall torches and fire bowls, 1m diving platform with 14ft board, gold line salt system, full automation, stamp, stained and salted concrete

4. Back To Top    #4

Good idea! I think you might have some rebar(steel) leftover from the pool!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I'm thinking it goes. Though by itself it's awesome!

But if there was a hump or two...
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

I love the fire breathing part! CUTE! I would leave it but I am silly so...........

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Hang some leis on it and call it good!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

It has to stay now that it has a name but if it must go maybe you can leave as much of the neck attached to the head as possible and find a home for it in a different part of the yard as if it is about to emerge from the ground.

9. Back To Top    #9

Off with it's head!!! And what did Florida ever do anyway? lol
    17K gal IG Shockrete ff 30x20 446sq. 87' 3.5-6' sunshelf bub. 12" raised planter slv sf travertine 3' sheer descent 2 sconces brass Hayward StarClear Plus C17502 Cartridge filter Hayward AquaRite T15 Salt system Hayward Super 2, 2sp. 2 hp pump Hayward Colorlogic LED 1 pool in the deep 1 spa in shallow Coping Silver tumbled travertine Tile Noble Siren Decking 1500'Flagstone Cr/bg/ch Herritage

10. Back To Top    #10

This was my thought too. It looks like Dino from Fred Flintstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreynolds View Post
    It could be a dinosaur or better yet a dragon. Think you could pipe in some gas so he can breathe fire! It does make for a good Conversation piece. But seriously I don't think I would want his to stay either. And least not permanently.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

11. Back To Top    #11

I thought it looked like a turtle. I say let it be. Wait, that sounds like a song...
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

12. Back To Top    #12

Anti Florida, just because originally the stone looked like the USA, when they put it in the Florida part was upside down. When the American flag is upside down it is usually referring to anti America, same with the cross. So I assume an upside Florida would be anti Florida. The idea of chopping his head off but saving it sounds more appealing