Newbie in North Carolina

H2OJoe

Sep 24, 2015
Shawboro, NC
I've been lurking....trying to catch on to a new adventure...pool ownership. I know I'm in the right place to become educated.:confused: New pool is almost finished, were waiting for final grading to repair ruts and get grass planted. No issues at this time, but certainly this can't last...and I know help is but a keyboard away. So...I'll thank all those that can save the day in advance!!!

As you're coming close to completion I just want to advise you to be aware of *everything* chemical that the builder puts in to your water. You do NOT want them to overdose the stabilizer and no copper containing algaecides please! Until your SWG is chugging along as you want it just use liquid chlorine (aka bleach) to supplement.

If you can test the water once the pool is filled and input the information in to the Pool Math ap (found at top of this page) for guidance. Be aware that fiberglass pools do not need tons of calcium (yet how much gets debated, so if possible ask the fiberglass pool company as they may require a certain amount).

Will you be closing the pool for the winter?