eyeball wrinkle question

I'm in central Illinois and this liner is only 1 year old.....started wrinkling but I'm not sure why I've kept my PH levels around 7.4-7.5 and my FC levels around 3 all summer. A friend of mine who works for a pool store thinks maybe it is the sand we used on the bottom (regular sand) and not masonry sand...he thinks where the sand on the bottom is separating (and it is) it's pulling from the side for compensation. My question is....if I remove my return eyeball to put the plug in will it release this wrinkle and I won't be able to get the liner back up to put the eyeball cover back on or should I just leave the return eyeball in.....we lower water 5-6" below return and water freezes over in winter here. Cannot get the guy (company) who installed the liner to return my emails....View attachment 42999View attachment 43000...

I can't see the attachments, but removing the eyeball shouldn't release the liner. The thru-wall fitting should remain in place and hold the liner securely to the wall.

IMG_7491.jpgIMG_7492.jpg
I'm sorry you can't see the attachments...I tried again to attach them....thank you for your answer...I will go ahead and replace the eyeball with the plug. thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7484.jpg
    IMG_7484.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 114
Looks like there was slack when they installed it. Are you saying the liner was smooth all summer n now it's not?

Looks like there was slack when they installed it. Are you saying the liner was smooth all summer n now it's not?

Yes - the liner was smooth and tight all summer until about the first of August I started noticing the wrinkles. There are some other ones down on the side of the pool. I have called and emailed the installer but so far he just tells me he will "get by to look at it". My concern is now that it's closing time and I will be lowering my water level....and I usually plug my return...but didn't know if taking off the return cover would "let the wrinkle go farther down"...and wondered if I should just leave it unplugged and not mess with taking off the return cover - we lower 4.5-5"

I don't know why, all of a sudden, you would have all of that slack???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.