Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: eyeball wrinkle question

1. Back To Top    #1

eyeball wrinkle question

I'm in central Illinois and this liner is only 1 year old.....started wrinkling but I'm not sure why I've kept my PH levels around 7.4-7.5 and my FC levels around 3 all summer. A friend of mine who works for a pool store thinks maybe it is the sand we used on the bottom (regular sand) and not masonry sand...he thinks where the sand on the bottom is separating (and it is) it's pulling from the side for compensation. My question is....if I remove my return eyeball to put the plug in will it release this wrinkle and I won't be able to get the liner back up to put the eyeball cover back on or should I just leave the return eyeball in.....we lower water 5-6" below return and water freezes over in winter here. Cannot get the guy (company) who installed the liner to return my emails....Attachment 42999Attachment 43000...
    21 rd 10,000 gal AG sand doughboy filter25psi bed depth max 12" 150lbs N20 filler doughboy pump 115VAC 60HZ 3450 rpm 1hp no speeds, on & off installed 2007 Taylor K2006 test kit city water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: eyeball wrinkle question

I can't see the attachments, but removing the eyeball shouldn't release the liner. The thru-wall fitting should remain in place and hold the liner securely to the wall.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    I can't see the attachments, but removing the eyeball shouldn't release the liner. The thru-wall fitting should remain in place and hold the liner securely to the wall.

IMG_7491.jpgIMG_7492.jpg
    I'm sorry you can't see the attachments...I tried again to attach them....thank you for your answer...I will go ahead and replace the eyeball with the plug. thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    21 rd 10,000 gal AG sand doughboy filter25psi bed depth max 12" 150lbs N20 filler doughboy pump 115VAC 60HZ 3450 rpm 1hp no speeds, on & off installed 2007 Taylor K2006 test kit city water

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Does it feel like there is water behind the wrinkles?
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by PAGirl View Post
    Does it feel like there is water behind the wrinkles?
    No - just feels loose

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks like there was slack when they installed it. Are you saying the liner was smooth all summer n now it's not?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Looks like there was slack when they installed it. Are you saying the liner was smooth all summer n now it's not?

Yes - the liner was smooth and tight all summer until about the first of August I started noticing the wrinkles. There are some other ones down on the side of the pool. I have called and emailed the installer but so far he just tells me he will "get by to look at it". My concern is now that it's closing time and I will be lowering my water level....and I usually plug my return...but didn't know if taking off the return cover would "let the wrinkle go farther down"...and wondered if I should just leave it unplugged and not mess with taking off the return cover - we lower 4.5-5"

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

It the waterline pattern still even all the way around the pool?
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

9. Back To Top    #9

I don't know why, all of a sudden, you would have all of that slack???
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by PAGirl View Post
    It the waterline pattern still even all the way around the pool?
    yes - I believe so - not home so I can go look at it...but I believe so

11. Back To Top    #11

Yes - waterline pattern is still even all the way around the pool