Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easiest Close yet!

1. Back To Top    #1

Talking Easiest Close yet!

I just wanted to say a quick thank you for all the advice you provide on this site. I started out this pool season with high CYA and not enough chlorine for that level. The pool store sold me lots of "stuff" to lower my cya, rather than just telling me to drain and replace. So, after lots of money wasted, I happened upon this site. I found the advice and processes so logical. I can't thank you enough for your guidance. It was easy and I will never go back to pool store (other than for reagents and possibly hardware?) to maintain the chemicals in my pool. I just closed and for the first time, feel solid about where the chemical levels are in my pool, not just blindly following their advice (which led to the high cya!). I feel more prepared than ever, after our 5th season with our pool. Thank you so much!!!!
    Kiddiejo
    18,000 gal. 27' AG 1.5 Sand Filter Hayward Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Easiest Close yet!

Congrats! It's a wonderful feeling knowing how to manage your pool and how to solve problems in a practical and scientific way.

Here's to many more happy seasons!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

It sure is! Thank you.
    Kiddiejo
    18,000 gal. 27' AG 1.5 Sand Filter Hayward Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Outstanding!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

That's wonderful news Kiddiejo. I have to agree that TFP has helped so many people resolve their pool issues, myself included. It is certainly a Great feeling knowing what you're adding, when to add it, and Why, isn't it?

Once you save up a little funds after being robbed by the PS lol, if you would like, please feel free to click on the following link to become a Lifetime or Platinum Member by making a donation, and becoming a TFP Supporter. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-com-Supporter . Your donation will be greatly appreciated because it's people like you who continue to help keep this site going.

Again congrats on your new found independence, and Have a wonderful day.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.