Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing a skimmer basket

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing a skimmer basket

I have to replace my skimmer basket this year. My question is are all skimmer baskets the same or do they go by the type of pump you have ?
    How can I make sure I get the correct one to replace the broken one ?
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing a skimmer basket

Are you talking about the leaf basket in the pump itself, or the basket in the skimmer??

The basket in the skimmer will depend on the manufacturer of your skimmer - they aren't universal. Your best bet would be to take your skimmer basket with you to the pool store so they can do a stare and compare. Wouldn't hurt to know the manufacturer either, in case they ask.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Im talking about the basket in the skimmer its self. Is the manufactures name on it somewhere ? Will they know if I just take the dimensions with me what size/kind it is ?

Can I get them at Lowes or Home Depot ? Our local PS is a little pricey with their stuff !
    Les
    Helpful Links:
    Doing BBB and loving it!

4. Back To Top    #4

The skimmer lid may have a manufacturer name on it and possibly a part # (of course the part # would be for the lid, but it would identify the model of the skimmer so you could get the right basket).

Failing a part number from the lid, you can measure the the hole that the basket sits in (depth is important too) and get a basket that will fit in it that has a lip large enough to catch. As there are so many different models of baskets, I kind of doubt that HD or Lowes, etc. would carry baskets, the pool store is your best bet
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by TizMe
    I have to replace my skimmer basket this year. My question is are all skimmer baskets the same or do they go by the type of pump you have ?
    How can I make sure I get the correct one to replace the broken one ?

Try this sight.... the link goes to the page of the skimmer that fit mine. If this doesn't fit yours you can search around the sight. They have quite a few replacements.

http://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-204-hy ... parts.aspx
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

6. Back To Top    #6

My filter is Hayward ... does this mean my skimmer basket is made by them as well ?? I dont see a name on it anywhere .... inside or out.
    Les
    Helpful Links:
    Doing BBB and loving it!

7. Back To Top    #7

My filter is Hayward ... does this mean my skimmer basket is made by them as well ?? I dont see a name on it anywhere .... inside or out.
    Who made your pool?
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have a Waterway Flo Pro, found my paperwork - my skimmer has no name on it anywhere either. Maybe yours is like this?

This link has a drawing.

http://www.aqua-man.com/schematicrow.as ... &froogle=1
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by No P in my ool
    Who made your pool?
    Ummmmmmm .... Not sure this is our 4th season with it and I dont remember ...
    Les
    Helpful Links:
    Doing BBB and loving it!

10. Back To Top    #10

Thats close to it FPM but ours doesnt have the handle on it .....
    Les
    Helpful Links:
    Doing BBB and loving it!