Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replaced Barrcuda X7 with ThePoolCleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Replaced Barrcuda X7 with ThePoolCleaner

I have a 4 year old Barracuda X7 that worked fairly well. My pool continually catches Palm tree berries, magnolia leaves and lots of other leaves. The barracuda X7 diaphragm continually stops up and will not move. I just had to clean it out a lot.

I saw on the forum ThePoolCleaner was highly recommended. I bought the 4 wheel version, snapped it together and threw it in the pool. I timed the rotations of the tires and it was close enough. It's been a week and every inch of the pool is spotless and I have done nothing except empty the leaf catcher. Not one blockage and it has not gotten stuck.

I just threw the barracuda in the trash, wish I had done this years ago.
    20000 gal in ground Pentair Screenlogic 2 ez-touch 4
    Teledyne heater Compupool 40k Salt generator
    Pentair VS pump Hayward 4025 Cartridge Filter
    12 person Spa The Pool Cleaner robot
    lot of bushes and trees close to the pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replaced Barrcuda X7 with ThePoolCleaner

Nice feedback. I'm sure someone will benefit. We get cleaner questions all the time. Have a nice weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I wonder if that barracuda would have worked better than my pole and $10 vacuum head, haha.

Thanks for the review - someday I'll be in the market for one and the PC seems like the cat's meow.
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes that works, but my wife revolted when I force her to vacuum the pool. The magnolia leaves do not decompose but they turn hard, waxy and stiff. The PC sucks them right up.
    20000 gal in ground Pentair Screenlogic 2 ez-touch 4
    Teledyne heater Compupool 40k Salt generator
    Pentair VS pump Hayward 4025 Cartridge Filter
    12 person Spa The Pool Cleaner robot
    lot of bushes and trees close to the pool

5. Back To Top    #5

We use the 2 wheel version of the Poolvergnuegen and had to only replace the rubber surfaces every couple years, otherwise everything seems to last for years and cleans well.

6. Back To Top    #6

I seem to remember PoolVernugen was bought up by Hayward. Isn't the ThePoolCleaner by PoolVernugen now called some other name by Hayward?

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes...they are owned by Hayward and they have three versions with color being the only difference in the Hayward models. The "next generation" The Pool Cleaner... Then there are two versions with the Hayward name on it. Both Hayward models havean integrated handle and also have updated wheel hubs.

One version is called the Hayward Phoenix (gray, white, and blue) and only available at Leslies.

The other version is the Aquanot (black, white, and blue).

All available in 2and 4 wheel drive.

The only thing im seeing consistent is the replacement of tires from them wearing out. Wondering if the 4wheel model would last linger because it gets better traction all around...

Im getting rid of my kreepy krauly and ordering one of these up. Right now they are offering a $75 rebate along with a free leaf canister.

Just debating on the 2 vs 4wheel drive models. I was recently advised to go with the 4wd model if i run off the skimmer at on end of the pool. Cost difference is only $20.

Cant wait!
    13000 Gal rectangle gunite w/Aqua-Glass IG lap pool built in 1987 resurfaced (Aqua-Glass) in 2010, Hayward Max-Flo VS pump (model SP2302VSP)
    Rheem Gas Heater 266,000 BTUH (P-M267A-EN-C), Hayward Pro Grid D.E. Filter model DE3620, ThePoolCleaner, CoverPro safety pool cover, TF-100 test kit w/SpeedStir