What model is my sand filter?

John Rock

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I'm finally redoing my inground pool (badly cracked concrete deck) and decided to fix my sand filter since I was getting sand in the pool. The laterals look "ok" but the top of the center pipe is cracked. I decided to change the whole assembly to start fresh. Thing is, the sticker on my filter is long gone and I can't see any numbers stamped on it. The top valve number is SP714 TC, but seems like that could fit a few filters and it's the filter model that dictates the center pipe assembly model, right? Any specs I could use to measure the filter dimensions and find the model that way?

In a round about way they publish the surface area in the manual and you can work it backward from there.
Or you can look at their sales brochure and it lists the diameters on there.

If it's pretty close to 70" then it should be a 220T. You need to be pretty sure of the measurement, as there's not a lot of difference between a 21" and a 22" body.

If it is the 220T, the folding lateral assembly is an SX220DA.

I think you got it. A diameter of 22" would give a circumference of 69.12", which is very close to what I quickly measured. The 21" would be 66". Also, by looking at the brochure, it looks like the 21" would be 3" shorter than the the 22". I think I have enough data now to figure this out. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.