tanksjeep

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 23, 2015
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hello,

I am new to the forum but I hope to learn a lot from everyone. I've ordered my test kit and my goal is to be able to take care of my own pool when we retire in AZ. For now I have a pool service but I'm just not happy with the way the pool looks. While I am paying for the service, I will be testing the pool to see what levels everything is at.

Hello tanksjeep, and Welcome to TFP,:wave:

Excellent!!!! It sounds like you are well on your way to being able to independently maintain your own pool. :)

Having already ordered one of the recommended test kits is IMO the best investment you could have made in doing so.

I suspect when you test your levels you will most likely see an extremely high CYA, and who knows what other levels will be out of whack. If your pool doesn't look good, then odds are there are things in there that doesn't need to be that are making it look bad.

This is something we see often around here when pool services are suppose to be "so called" maintaining a pool because they generally are doing so by routinely using pucks, powder shocks, algaecides, clarifiers, etc. So good for you on taking matters into your own hands, and getting the proper equipment to not only make your pool looks good again, but also to keep it looking GREAT!!!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have a long the way. I'm looking forward to seeing the readings you get when you get your new test kit. Have a wonderful day. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.