Dirt or something else?

Apr 9, 2013
Hey guys, pools sat with the filter going 24/7 with the solar cover on for the past couple weeks and I came out to this mess. Waters still crystal clear, FC was at 4.8, CC was at 0. CYA is around 40.

Is this just dirt? I've been fighting this on a small scale all year. Never looked this bad though. Anything else I should be doing?

Thanks!

ad44a5c08d3dda504318cb75935617c0.jpg

6b13eaf3879bdf05164a5e291afb10d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a5ae16cc86700cb97ebdaa5f90442d70.jpg

FC is good and there's no CC though, thought I'd be in the clear. TBH since starting TFP (since day one) I've never brushed it, never had to (or so I thought). This is the end of the third season. Or I should say I don't scrub the walls anyway. I've suck up the visible dirt on a regular basis. I have the cleaner tool running now and the slime bag connected. Added one gallon of bleach.

if that is tree debris, the brushing will help get it up into circulation and lets the filter trap it. If it is algae it lets chlorine get to it and the brushing disrupts any biofilm algae makes to protect itself.

Either way you really ought to brush now and then, 'k?

Will do. [emoji5]️

Tree debris, never heard of that. Are you talking about normal leaves etc or do they produce a dust like that? We have a large oak tree right next to the pool.

That is algae in your pool. Mostly dead but it looks green enough for some to be living.

You need to SLAM the pool (which includes brushing) and then you need to manage your pool water by doing all the right stuff (filtration, brushing vacuuming keeping FC in the pool)

Once you finish the SLAM, your pool will sparkle and your continued good maintenance will keep it that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.