Test Kit/No Pool

vela

Sep 22, 2015
League City/TX
Hello Everybody,

My name is Vela and I'm in League City Texas. I received my TF-100 in the mail today, but my pool is not scheduled for excavation until late October (currently getting permits). As much as I am excited for getting a new pool, I'm excited to find this community that is willing to share its knowledge. I have pool owner friends who giggled at me when I ordered my test kit and challenged me about brown, black, green, and all sorts of algae and how I was going to control it. I told them I was not worried about the algae. I am worried about the water chemistry. As I've read in this forum, some folks just don't get it and never will. I look forward to interacting with everyone here and I know this forum will make my pool-owning experience a successful/great one!

Vela

Hooray! Vela already has the TF-100! :goodjob: I'm doing cartwheels over here. It's a great kit, and you will see why once your pool is completed. I hope you ordered the speed stir as well. :) If you're curious, you can do a test-run on your tap water to see what you will be putting in the pool. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Hello Everybody,

My name is Vela and I'm in League City Texas. I received my TF-100 in the mail today, but my pool is not scheduled for excavation until late October (currently getting permits). As much as I am excited for getting a new pool, I'm excited to find this community that is willing to share its knowledge. I have pool owner friends who giggled at me when I ordered my test kit and challenged me about brown, black, green, and all sorts of algae and how I was going to control it. I told them I was not worried about the algae. I am worried about the water chemistry. As I've read in this forum, some folks just don't get it and never will. I look forward to interacting with everyone here and I know this forum will make my pool-owning experience a successful/great one!

Vela
Welcome!
You will be the one giggling when they see how your water sparkles! I've even had teenagers comment how clear my water was. You can practice testing your tap water, if that's what you will use to fill. Then they'll be no surprises. And read everything you have time for!

Hello Vela and welcome to TFP,
Already having your own test kit, and finding TFP before your pool is even built is wonderful. Most of us didn't find the TFP site until our pools were already in a big mess, and TFP had to come to our rescue to get them cleaned up, but you will know from the get go what you need to do to properly maintain your pool, and keep it crystal clear. Yeah, I'm putting my money on You that you'll be the one giggling at the end of the day. Again welcome to TFP. We're all really glad that you're here. Have a wonderful night :).

Welcome to TFP! Vela, you are one of the very few who understands the importance of having a good test kit right from the start - even before your pool is ready! Contrast that with many people who will spend tens of thousands on a new pool and then procrastinate on spending about $70 on a good test kit. You are way ahead of the game.

Thanks everyone! I certainly look forward to learning and implementing. One of my friends' pool is always feeling rough on the skin. The other I've been in a couple of times but I doubt I'd get in it again as he doesn't maintain it well enough. We certainly put a lot of trust in public and private pools and now knowing more about the chemical processes involved, it definitely wants me more and more to be on top of my own pool when it's ready. Even before any dirt is dug up, I already know these guys have the wrong processes/maintenance routines in place. Now, on to more reading and more learning. By the way, my stirrer is also on order.

Another thing I should probably tell you is that the reason I'm waiting on the dig is that we have family coming from Denmark and we don't want a hole in our backyard while the kids are here. It would make it a little more hazardous. Sure it makes the anticipation draw out, but it will be worth it. In the meantime, we are getting the rest of the ducks in a row.

You might want to consider posting a list of stuff you are thinking about getting with your pool. Equipment and goodies. There are things you don't need, that a lot of PBs like to add as extras. We are here to help with any and all parts of the pool experience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOVE IT! I also got my test kit before I got my pool! I wanted to make sure I really could do the tests. They are easy and fun!

You can start "feeding" us by posting a pic of the yard where the pool will be going. Use photobucket or such to link the pics.

Kim