Breaker trips after 2 minutes - heating element?

livin

Sep 15, 2015
Denver, CO
I emptied my hot tub for the summer and today starting it up again (refill, etc).

Looks like the heater is causing the breaker to trip... as soon as i see the heater light turn on the breaker trips. (It ran for 12 months prior without issue)

... is there a fix for this other than buying a new heater?

... the heater element might have been dry, or sitting in dirty water for 3-4 months BUT

When I turn on the breaker (one next to the tub) I don't get error codes, just this: 137 - 65 - 24 - 24 - PR
I primed the pumps and let it run for a few minutes – that went fine - does not trip the breaker.

I can turn it on and let it run for almost exactly 2 minutes, then trips the breaker (one next to tub, not main panel) - I think because the heater kicks in after 2 minutes?
I can get it running again by turning off/on the breaker – I don’t get any error codes.

I tested:
temp sensors… 40ohm – based on the temp/ohm chart this is correct for the water temp
heating element… 12-13 Ohm

Thank you for the help!
Aaron

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.