Final decision mesh cover help!!!

Mar 9, 2015
Berlin, NJ
Our pool came with the light blue cover held on by the water tubes. I seriously overlooked this when spending way too much time on all the speciifications of the actual pool and othe requipment. All the contract said was winter cover, I didn't even look twice. Can someone please give me recommendations as every pool company is very vague and just says safety mesh cover like the following:
SUPER MEASH SAFETY COVER 3899. (they mispelled it!)
HEAVY WEIGHT SOLID VINYL SAFETY COVER 4195.

Looking for expectations on price and best brand/type needed. I have two dogs, one over 90 lbs and a 4 year old daughter.:p:(

Re: Need winter/safety cover ASAP, didn't realize my build came with water tubes! HE

I think loop lok is the company I generally see recommended.

They are certainly not cheap as you have already discovered.

Re: Need winter/safety cover ASAP, didn't realize my build came with water tubes! HE

I would go with a safety cover. They are significantly more expensive but with animals and kids around they are great. Loop-Loc is the premier and original brand but other companies such as GLI make good products as well. Mesh safety or solid safety with mesh drains is is what I would go with. You could go with a solid safety cover, but that necessitates a cover pump which can get to be a hassle when it freezes and thaws.

A gentleman from loop-loc came yesterday. I should have the quote today. I already received a quote on GLI, Merlin for $4975, Coverlon for $4876. Can't believe this wasn't included and I didn't pick up on that with original build this summer :(

Loop Lock was cheaper than everyone. Think I will go with them. However, he said part of his install is using a CORE DRILL to save the chances of chipping or damaging the stamped concrete. has anyone heard of this? Is this a good idea?

Regardless of the brand safety cover, anchors need to be install in the decking. If the decking is stone based, like concrete or pavers, they need to use a hammer or core drill. I would think a Core drill would have a better chance of NOT doing damage. BTW, I have a LoopLoc and am very happy with it

A core drill with a core bit may have a better chance of not chipping concrete as much simply because they are usually diamond tools rather than carbide. But both will get the job done.

sent from mobile. beware of brevity and spelling errors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.