Brand New Pentair Whisperflo WFE-8 2HP 208-230V failed to start.

alfa01

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 19, 2015
Van Nuys, CA
Hello there,

Yesterday a plumber installed this pump and tried to test it but it didn't start. There is power as you can hear a not loud noise. He tried to check the impeller and he said he feels some factory plastic debris and removed one tiny piece with screw driver. He tried to turn the impeller manually and said it kind of turn not easily. and told me to the call warranty as he encountered similar situation once before with factory debris in it. Also he didn't put water in it since the spa plaster is not done yet. I asked him if water is a must and he said at least for few seconds it should have worked. I would appreciate any thoughts before calling the warranty. The warranty papers says it must be installed by professional installer in order to cover and I'm not sure if the plumber is. Thank you in advance.

Problem solved without calling Warranty. Plumber screw up and I fixed it my self. He worked all day putting together all the plumbing ,new heater , 2 Jandy valves etc... I guess either he was really tired or really didn't pay attention to a new GFCI breaker instructions. Long story short the pump was getting 120V instead of 220. He connected the 2 phase to the GFCI's natural. I just removed it and connected it to 2nd load and the pump fired up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.