Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 17+ years "experience"... still a newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

17+ years "experience"... still a newbie

I was hesitant to post to this thread initially. My name is Rick. I've been in the pool industry in south Texas for over 17 years. My father has been in the industry all of my life and introduced me to the industry at a very young age. For the better part of those 17 years, I've been taught what I see everyone refer to regarding pool "professionals", "this is how we've always done things." It took me parting ways with my family business to really become aware of the possibilities of providing a better service to my consumer.

I come here as a novice compared to the contributors on this site. I have been humbled, yet excited, to begin learning all of the possibilities available for my own personal growth. I look forward to becoming an active participating member. I look forward to communicating with so many knowledgeable people and developing relationships that will allow for me to begin my journey to become a true pool professional.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: 17+ years "experience"... still a newbie

Welcome to the forum!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Good morning Rick and another fellow Texan. Trust me when I say we're all humbled by the experience shown here. We all learn something new each day. Welcome to TFP. We're happy you found us. Have a good day. It's supposed to get warm again today.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey Rick, Welcome to TFP!

Remember that there is a lot that you can teach us. Pool construction and repair is a pretty specialized area. Don't get hung up on the idea that our methods are special or different. It's all about knowledge and understanding with an emphasis on simplicity. We look forward to your contributions to the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Welcome! Prepare to have your mind blown by all the things you learn!!
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!

I am certain there are many things we can learn from each other.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Hello Rick, and Welcome to TFP,
    We're glad you're here. Have a wonderful day .
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP!

If you've taken the NSPF CPO course, then you might want to read Certified Pool Operator (CPO) training -- What is not taught.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

10. Back To Top    #10

Welcome aboard!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!