AutoPilot Digital Nano Not Generating

MarkTTU

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
Have a 4 year old Digital Nano that has stopped generating chlorine. Cell is clean and relatively new (new last summer) and display indicates generating at 100% yet unless I add chlorine my FC sits at 0. Took the cover off the control box and measured just a touch over 15vDC going out to the cell which seems reasonable, but no idea if that's correct. Any ideas?

What does your water look like?
How much are your running it?
What is your CYA level?

Most SWG will not raise the FC from 0 ... they work better at maintain a FC level. And only if you are starting from water that does not already have stuff growing in it ... which you likely do since the FC is 0.

Might be time to Perform the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if you need to follow the SLAM process and then figure out if the SWG is working.

Water got algae infested at the start of the summer, took most of June to clean it back up, but been crystal clear since with me adding chlorine every couple of days.... I'd been lazy on testing water the first half of the year ;)

Pump and AutoPilot run 24/7, AutoPilot has been at 100% since early June when the algae problem started and I got back to paying attention to what was going on.

CYA sitting right at 80, was down around 60 at the start of June.

Figured I needed to get everything cleaned up and be sure of myself before claiming the SWG wasn't working, but after a couple of months of no noticeable chlorine generation (have skipped adding chlorine a couple of times and let FC drop to 0 just to be sure) I'm now taking a hard look at the SWG and what's wrong.

My Digital Nano displays the word "On" when it is generating chlorine. If set to 100%, "On" should be displayed all the time. Test for proper salt level and water flow, both of which could halt chlorine production regardless of the 100% setting. Finally, use a water bottle to collect a water sample directly from a return jet. Test that water for chlorine. That should give you an idea if the SWG is generating chlorine and if is being consumed by something in the water.

Sorry guys, got side-tracked and didn't post back.

Slam was completed per instructions and overnight loss is sub 1ppm (actually measured 0, so I did it again and still got 0).

Sent Josh at SaltPoolGuys an email and wound up replacing the whole thing (display board was screwed up anyway) and now I have tons of chlorine produced. Dialing in the correct % on my Nano again now...

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.